From the early days of 1967 in Hull, England to the current days here in Sarasota, Florida, Trinity Graphic has evolved from a single product shop for flexographic platemaking to one that manages creative, custom and branded digital print solutions for its customers. By merging old world craftsmanship with digital technology, Trinity Graphic can now manage both complex and everyday projects with equal enthusiasm and quality. Here is a brief timeline of our ever evolving history:
- In 1967, Trinity Graphic was founded in Hull, Yorkshire, England by R. Keith Smithson. Trinity served flexographic printers with color separations and photopolymer printing plates for the packaging industry in the local area.
- In 1988, to facilitate the company's growth, Trinity Graphic USA was formed and headquartered in Sarasota, Florida, using the same principles and craftsmanship that was successful in England.
- Partnered with Pitman (national graphics equipment and materials dealer) to begin the trend of using the latest technology and materials in the Flexo Plate business. This helped solidify and validate the business to numerous clients domestically and internationally.
- In 2011, the “Tervis Idea” was born. As the innovator and developer, Trinity Graphic led an entirely new business and product line for Tervis Tumbler with the 360 degree Tervis Cup Wrap.
- Rapid growth led to new staff additions, a $20MM+ investment in equipment, and a new business model for the company. Innovation can be both rewarding and risky, and Trinity Graphic has gone from near bankruptcy to being highly successful in this new business.
- Leveraging the additional state-of-the-art technology and acquired skill sets from the Tervis Business, the management team begins to expand the product offerings to other wide format and narrow web print opportunities. Because we are application specialists in materials, client understanding and problem solving, we have embraced the challenges and obstacles that have defined our past and forge our future.
- Currently, the phase of diversification at Trinity Graphic continues to expand by creating new business segments and associated product lines while still gaining the interest of Fortune 500 companies.